Olfactive and visual modulation:
- Vinauger C, Buratti & Lazzari CR, 2011a. Learning the way to blood: First evidence of dual olfactory conditioning in a blood-sucking insect, Rhodnius prolixus. I. Appetitive learning. The Journal of Experimental Biology, 214: 3032-3038.
- Vinauger C, Buratti & Lazzari CR, 2011b. Learning the way to blood: First evidence of dual olfactory conditioning in a blood-sucking insect, Rhodnius prolixus. II. Aversive learning. The Journal of Experimental Biology, 214: 3039-3045.
- Reisenman CE, Lazzari CR & Giurfa M, 1998. Circadian control of photonegative sensitivity in the haematophagous bug Triatoma infestans. Journal of Comparative Physiology A, 183: 533-541.
- Barrozo RB & Lazzari CR. 2004. The response of the blood-sucking bug Triatoma infestans to carbon dioxide and other hosts odours. Chemical Senses, 29: 319-329.
- Castelo MK & Lazzari CR. 2004. Host-seeking behavior in larvae of the robber fly Mallophora ruficauda (Diptera: Asilidae). Journal of Insect Physiology, 50(4): 331-336.
- Franck NR & Richarson T. 2006. Teaching in tandem-running ants. Nature, 439 (12): 153.
- Ramírez CC, Fuentes-Contreras E, Rodríguez LC & Niemeyer HM, 2000. Pseudoreplication and its frequency in olfactometric laboratory studies. Journal of Chemical Ecology, 26(6): 1423-1431.
Physiology – Thermoregulation:
- Lahondere C & Lazzari CR, 2012. Mosquitoes cool down during blood feeding to avoid overheating. Current Biology, 22: 40-45.
- Seymour RS, White CR & Gibernau M, 2009. Endothermy of dynastine scarab beetles (Cyclocephala colasi) associated with pollination biology of a thermogenic arum lily (Philodendron solimoesense). The Journal of Experimental Biology, 212: 2960-2968.
Former participants will have a 5 % discount on the Course Fee.
Unfortunately there are no scholarships available for this course. However a 20 % discount on the Course Fee is offered for members of some organizations (Organizations with discount). If you want to apply to this discount please indicate it in the Registration form (proof will be asked later).
Spanish unemployed scientists, as well as Spanish PhD students without any grant or scholarship to develop their PhD, could benefit from a 40 % discount on the Course Fee. If you want to ask for this discount, please contact the course coordinators. That would apply for a maximum of 2 places and they will be covered by strict inscription order.
Discounts are not cumulative and apply only on the fee, not to Accommodation Package or other options.