1. Corporate name of the data controller.
As established in Spanish Organic Law 15/1999, dated 13 December, on the Protection of Personal Data, hereinafter the LOPD, you are hereby informed that the personal data obtained from sending your personal data shall be added to a file owned by Transmitting Science S.L., hereinafter, TS, domiciled at Calle Gardenia, 2 – Urb. Can Claramunt, 08784 Piera (Barcelona), Spain, have implemented all security measures established by Spanish Royal Decree 1720/2007, dated 21 December, approving the Regulation for the implementation of the LOPD, hereinafter the RDLOPD.
2. Purposes of the personal data.
TS hereby informs the user that its personal data is processed for the following purposes:
- To heed to and answer communications or requests received either by e-mail or through the website forms.
- To send information on latest news regarding events of interest for: subscribers who have indicated their interests on the subscription form, participants who filled out the registration form for the event they have signed up for, or users who have made contact through the contact form or other methods.
- To manage participant data to conduct events presented on the website, obtained through the specific registration form for each event.
- To manage and control donations made to Donors can opt to not have their personal data appear on the TS website.
- To maintain records on commercial relations.
- To conduct advertising and commercial prospection actions.
- Moreover, TS shall record and keep the IP address from whence the user granted its personal data, and the address from later connections to have proof of consent, as well as to verify the behaviour of the user and its use of the website www.transmittingscience.org. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. Your IP address is also used to help identify you when you log in and to collect general demographic information.
3. Informed consent of data processing.
4. Sending and recording personal data.
Sending personal data is mandatory to contact and receive information on TS’s products and services. Not providing the personal data requested, or not accepting this data protection policy means that it is impossible to subscribe, register or receive information on TS’ products and services.
5. Security measures implemented regarding personal data processing.
TS hereby informs the user that, in compliance with LOPD and the RDLOPD stipulations, it has taken the technical and organisational measures necessary to guarantee the security of personal data and prevent its alteration, loss, processing or unauthorised access, taking into account the state of technology, the type of data stored and the risks to which said data are exposed, from human action or the physical or natural environment, and that it shall only record personal data in files that meet the conditions stipulated in the aforementioned RDLOPD regarding their integrity and security, and the conditions of processing centres, premises, equipment, systems and programmes.
Furthermore, TS guarantees the user that it complies with its duty of professional secrecy regarding the personal data of users and its duty to save them.
6. Exercising rights to access, rectify, cancel, oppose and revoke personal data.
Moreover, the user hereby declares that it is informed that it may exercise its rights to access, rectify, cancel, oppose and revoke its personal data, at any time and at no cost, by sending a written request with a photocopy of the user’s national identity document or passport or any other valid identification document, as per the LOPD, to Transmitting Science S.L. at the following address: Calle Gardenia, 2 – Urb. Can Claramunt, 08784 Piera (Barcelona), Spain; or to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Especially sensitive data.
In formalising the free-text fields, entering personal information regarding ideology, union membership, religion, beliefs, health, sexual life or racial aspects is forbidden under all circumstances. If any information on the aforementioned aspects is provided, either through e-mail or with the website forms, it shall be immediately deleted from our information systems, since this information is neither necessary nor pertinent to TS’s purposes.
Data requested by TS marked with an asterisk (*) are the data strictly necessary in order to contact the user. Under no circumstances does not providing more data than the data strictly necessary imply lesser quality in the products and services offered by TS.
8. Quality of data.
TS informs the user that, barring the existence of legally established representation, no user may use the identity of another individual and communicate said individual’s personal data. This means that at all times, the user must bear in mind that, if it uses e-mail or forms on the TS website, it may only include personal data regarding its own identity, and this data must be appropriate, pertinent, current, exact and true. To this end, the user shall be the sole party liable for any harm, direct and/or indirect, that it causes to third parties or TS from using another person’s personal data, or the user’s own personal data when inappropriate, impertinent, not current, erroneous or false. In the same fashion, a user who uses a third party’s personal data shall be responsible to said third party in regards to the information stipulated in article 5.4 of the LOPD, when the personal data were not collected from the interested party, and/or for the consequences of not informing said third party.
The data obtained are appropriate for the purpose for which they are collected, they are strictly confidential, and shall therefore not be communicated to third-party entities.
9. Minor or legally incapacitated individuals’ data.
The products and services offered by TS are not designed for minors, so if you are under 18 years of age, please abstain from providing your personal data.
10. Data updating.
The user is the only source of information for its personal data, so TS requests, in order to keep its data updated and to-date at all times, as per the principles of the LOPD, it communicates any variation to its data, as well as its cessation of activity at the entity it represents, if applicable, to the address indicated to exercise rights of access, rectification, cancellation, opposition and revocation, in order to cancel the data, and/or the data’s record processing.
11. Consent for advertising communications.
For users with whom there is a prior contractual relationship, TS is authorised to send commercial communications referring to TS products or services that are similar to those initially referenced in the contract. In any event, the user may request that TS not send any more commercial information through regular communication channels, after accrediting its identity or by revoking consent in each commercial e-mail sending conducted by TS.
The user’s personal data will be kept in our information systems indefinitely, in order to conduct commercial campaigns for our products and services, as long as the user does not exercise its right to revoke said advertising communications.
12. Communication of personal information.
- We may share your personal information with providers who provide services on our behalf. For example, we may hire other companies to manage payment processing, data storage, website hosting, to place orders and shipments, to collaborate with other marketing tasks, to conduct audits, etc. These companies (i) shall be authorised to only obtain the personal information that they need to provide their services, (ii) must offer the same degree of protection of the information as TS, and (iii) shall be prohibited from using it for other purposes, following article 12 of the LOPD.
- Information on our users, including their personal data, may be revealed in the event of a merger, demerger, global transfer of assets and liabilities, contribution or transfer of business or branch of business activity, or any company restructuring operation of the same nature, under commercial regulations. In this event, you will be notified of this circumstance beforehand with this policy and by other means. We reserve the right to reveal your personal information if the law requires or permits doing so.
TS reserves the right to modify this policy to adapt to future legislative or jurisprudence changes, as well as to industry practises, informing users of the changes occurring therein.
The user’s uninterrupted use of TS shall constitute ratification of this document, with the modifications and changes made thereto.
For the same aforementioned reasons, TS reserves the right to modify or interrupt use of service for the website www.transmittingscience.org, totally or partially, notifying the user, or not. TS shall not be held liable to the user or third parties for having exercised its right to modify or interrupt use of the service of the website www.transmittingscience.org.