This course is for researchers at different levels that want to improve their ability to speak in public in a confident and authentic way.
For motivated, intelligent people with purpose, the challenge in public speaking is not finding what to say, but finding a relaxed, focused and engaging way to say it.
Staying grounded in yourself and connected with your audience is the key to having a successful impact in public speaking, and this is increasingly true in the noisy, competitive environment of scientific research.
Traditional presentation training attempts to build speaker capacity through working on externals like body posture and vocal projection. This workshop includes these elements but also works at a deeper level to help participants build genuine confidence on the inside.
Through a sequence of exercises inspired by Speaking Circles®, NLP, Non-violent Communication, and Mindfulness practices, participants learn to relax into the role of speaker, seeing and being seen by a group, speaking from a place of deep trust in themselves and the value of their research.
At this workshop participants will learn to:
- Communicate your research more effectively and with more impact
- Strengthen core confidence and ‘presence’ as a speaker
- Build on and practice the English language of presentation
- Learn strategies for managing Q+A and discussions after a talk
- Design and use PowerPoint slides more effectively
- Engage and inspire audiences on a whole new level
- Monday to Tuesday:
- 9:30 to 13:30 Lessons.
- 13:00 to 14:30 Lunch (included).
- 14:30 to 17:30 Lessons.
Accommodation Package Schedule
- 19:00 Meeting point in Plaza Catalunya (Barcelona) to take the bus to Capellades. If you are planning to arrive later, you can find more information on How to get there.
- 20:00 Registration in the Hotel.
- 20:30 Dinner.
- 8:00 to 9:00 Breakfast.
- 20:00 Dinner.
- 8:00 to 9:00 Breakfast.
- 17:30 Meeting point in the Hotel to take the bus to Barcelona city.
- 19:00 Arrival at Plaza Catalunya (Barcelona).
The schedule is approximate; it is possible that the content of one day may run into the next and a working day may be longer than advertised.
Former participants will have a 5 % discount on the Course Fee.
Furthermore, a 20 % discount on the Course Fee is offered for members of some organizations (Organizations with discount). If you want to apply to this discount please indicate it in the Registration form (proof will be asked later).
Unemployed scientists living in Spain, as well as PhD students based in Spain without any grant or scholarship to develop their PhD, could benefit from a 40 % discount on the Course Fee. If you want to ask for this discount, please contact the course coordinator. That would apply for a maximum of 2 places and they will be covered by strict inscription order.
Discounts are not cumulative and apply only on the fee, not to Accommodation Package or other options.