In this course participants will:
- Obtain the most relevant pieces of knowledge of palaeontology in terms of their own area of expertise.
- Understand the main features of the discipline and its relationships with other realms of knowledge, especially Geology.
- Understand and value the biological diversity as part of the evolution of the Earth and take the responsibility consequential of our success as a species.
- Appraise the diversity and size of the species composing the South American megafauna.
- Understand the relationship between the extinction of that megafauna and the human presence in the Americas.
- Develop skills related with rigour, educated scepticism and creativity.
Former participants will have a 5 % discount on the Course Fee.
Unfortunately there are no scholarships available for this course. However a 20 % discount on the Course Fee is offered for members of some organizations (Organizations with discount). If you want to apply to this discount please indicate it in the Registration form (proof will be asked later).
Spanish unemployed scientists, as well as Spanish PhD students without any grant or scholarship to develop their PhD, could benefit from a 40 % discount on the Course Fee. If you want to ask for this discount, please contact the course coordinators. That would apply for a maximum of 2 places and they will be covered by strict inscription order.
Discounts are not cumulative.