In this course the students will learn how to use R to solve the most common tasks faced by the statistical practitioner. After reviewing basic R syntax, we will cover practical issues in statistical analysis: Data manipulation, data analysis using regression methods –from simple linear regression to generalized linear models– and data visualization.
In this learn-by-doing course we will start each section with an introduction to the statistical concepts that we will study. Then, the students will start practicing the newly acquired concepts working in the R environment, either by examining code examples or by solving exercises.
The course directed towards students who have a base experience in R and statistics but wish to develop or improve their skills, but it is not targeted to participants with extensive or none experience in R. By the end of the course the students will be able to use R to undertake most of their own statistical analysis with proficiency.
Former participants will have a 5 % discount on the Course Fee.
Furthermore, a 20 % discount on the Course Fee is offered for members of some organizations (Organizations with discount). If you want to apply to this discount please indicate it in the Registration form (proof will be asked later).
Spanish unemployed scientists, as well as Spanish PhD students without any grant or scholarship to develop their PhD, could benefit from a 40 % discount on the Course Fee. If you want to ask for this discount, please contact the course coordinators. That would apply for a maximum of 1 place and it will be covered by strict inscription order.
Discounts are not cumulative.
Previous editions of this course
3rd Edition, September 4th-8th, 2017
- Spain: Institut de Biologia Evolutiva – CSIC – Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Universidad de Vigo, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Universidad de Córdoba, Institut Català de Paleontologia Miquel Crusafont.
- France: Roscoff Marine Station – Pierre and Marie Curie University – CNRS.
- United Kingdom: Liverpool John Moores University, University of Nottingham, University of Greenwich.
- Chile: Universidad Católica del Norte.
- Russia: Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University.
- Italy: Università degli Studi di Firenze.
2nd Edition, September 19th-23rd, 2016
- Austria: University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna.
- France: Université de Perpignan Via Domitia, Centre de Formation et de Recherche sur les Environnements Méditerranéens – CNRS.
- Ireland: University College Dublin.
- Poland: University of Szczecin.
- Spain: Universitat de Barcelona, Institut Català de Paleontologia Miquel Crusafont, Instituto de Hortofruticultura Subtropical y Mediterránea “La Mayora”, Fundación Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados IMDEA Agua, Universidad de Alicante, Autonomous University of Madrid, Laboratorios Ordesa, Institut de Recerca i Tecnologia Agroalimentàries.
- The Netherlands: Leiden University.
- United Arab Emirates: Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve.
- United Kingdom: University of Sussex, Royal Botanic Gardens – Kew.
1st Edition, September 21st-25th, 2015
- Tunisia: University of Gabes.
- United Kingdom: East Malling Research, University of Nottingham, Royal Botanic Gardens – Kew.
- Malta: University of Malta.
- Lithuania: Vilnius University.
- Denmark: Moesgaard Museum, University of Copenhagen.
- Colombia: Universidad del Valle.
- Spain: Instituto Pirenaico de Ecología – CSIC, Universidad de Murcia, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
- Germany: Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History – Max Planck Society, Museum für Naturkunde – Berlin.
- Estonia: Estonian Biocentre.
- Italy: Second University of Naples.
- Unites States of America: University of Washington, Burke Museum.
- Poland: Wrocław University of Environmental and Life Sciences.